1. Be prepared every day with textbook, notebook, and pen or pencil.
2. Be in your seat with materials ready when the bell rings to avoid being tardy.
3. Be attentive and on-task during class. Participate.
4. Remain seated before dismissal bell—no lining up at door.
5. Raise your hand before speaking or leaving your seat.
See school policy.
Late work shall be assigned a 15% penalty in English 2 and Reader Response; the penalty is 20% for Advanced English 2.
In the case of an excused absence, make-up work may be retrieved by students from the make-up binder or Schoology. Make-up work must be turned in promptly to receive credit.
Tests are announced at least a week in advance. If you miss a test, plan to take it the day of your return to school.
English 2 and Advanced English 2 students may correct any test during FLEX time.
Students will be allowed five passes per semester. Unused passes are applied as bonus points on the final exam.